Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

In a nutshell

I always know who my boyfriend is going to be. The first time was when I was a tiny winy little girl. I entered the class of my new school and screened around. The kind of screening one does when one has to ascertain and know what kind of people or animals in habitat this place. Yeah that sort of screening. I screened. I clutched my water bottle, hung around my neck, my extremely heavy bag and my frail legs. Not a face that looked friendly. Am sure they would have checked the new girl out but pretended as if i did not exist. I could feel the cold glare of other girls on my skin and I could only look back at those hopeless, vivid and strange faces. I hated the environment immediately and detested knowing that this is going to be my new school. Until, well only until, this new boy I came across. He was all that a girl possibly could not want. To this date I think what was it that I had really liked in him?

I was a daredevil. So I acted cool + bold [deadly combo on the very first day of your school] and sat just next to him. Bang there where he was seated. I guess girls and boys stared me harder as I was sitting in the enemy territory boy zone. I did not care. The girls did not look friendly to me at that point of time so I steered myself clear of them. I introduced myself and he was, well, awkward as hell. He had a strange south Indian accent. He was dark and he was overtly powdered by his mom. All was not lost. He was a Math genius. Final nail in the coffin. Now go and laugh your stinking pants off. Put your hands up and make an L sign to call me a loser while you are at it but, dear people, I have always had a soft spot for the nerds and intellectuals.

Soon I was to become his favourite and the girls were not mess with us. He sat with me on every bench till class 5th and I bloody ensured it. Aggressive and bold? Oh yeah. Sitting one day on the porch near my house I confided this to my sister. She did what she does best. Becoming a traitor and telling all this to my mother and father. Whaaaaattttttttttttttt!!!!! My father and mother did not spare me either. My mom was inconsolably laughing and my father, to think of it, was awkwardly silent. Yeah my dad has always been that kind!! Who cares now but I did at that point of time. I had no ground and sky to hide my face because I knew the entire mushy tale will reach the ears of my teachers. Yeah, my mother was one of them.

For the record of gasping and fawning readers, who have started to think ‘what the fucking fuck? Where does she come from? A boyfriend in a primary school!!, we were not officially girlfriend and boyfriend. He did not say anything to me and if he did not say anything to me then a girl’s ego would not let her do so either. I did not say anything to him. And by the time we moved to standard 6th, with new entrants my interest had begun to change and I found new musings and new things to solve. But, I always knew who my boyfriend was going to be. He could have been. In the line of many could have beens, he is right at a small pie of the entire chart.

1 comment:

  1. lol... super duper cool.. nice one ! ..I can almost relate to some parts ! :D

    ReplyDelete